CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday Wish-List ... "Something Chocolatey"!

This week's wish list is brought to us by Steph!  She asked for something chocolatey.... so, without further ado I bring to you:


Hot Fudge Cake

1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. all purpose flour
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla

3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 c. boiling water

Mix together 1 cup of brown sugar, flour, 3 Tbsp. cocoa, baking powder and salt.  Stir in milk, butter and vanilla.  Spread into bottom of slow-cooker coated with cooking spray.

Mix together 3/4 c. brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa.  Sprinkle over slow cooker mixture.  Pour boiling water on top.
DO NOT STIR!
Cover and cook on High for 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Serve by scooping spoonfuls of "cake" into bowls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cake is going to be ooey-gooey in the middle.  It is supposed to look like this.  The idea is that it is chocolate cake with a "hot-fudge" like center.

***** you MUST serve this warm with a big plop of ice cream on top or atleast whip cream!

This is decadent and oh-so-chocolatey!

I also have this recipe in a "bake-in-the-oven" version.  I can post it if anyone requests it.  But, honestly.... it's going to be 95 degrees here in New York today!  Do you really want to turn on your oven???
That's the beauty of using your crock-pot!  An awesome dessert recipe without heating up the house "baking" a cake!
Yee-haw!  Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds sooo yummy! I've got to make this ASAP. Thanks for sharing and granting my wish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Steph... no problem... I think I might actually do this today, too! I have all the ingredients... and a nice hot fudge sundae would be awesome tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    Oh, please post the oven version! I don't own a crockpot and I'd really like to make this.

    I live in the Philippines, where it's even hotter than it ever gets in New York, and I'm willing to risk this! Well, after nightfall . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Share some Crock-Pot love!